Information for New Employees at SOM
Welcome to the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Listed below are important links to valuable information concerning your new employment and the SOM community. In order to complete your employment process, please visit the links marked with an asterisk (*) below.
- SOM HR Website: http://hr.med.sc.edu (Contains New Employee Information, ITAMS, Forms, Benefits, HR Staff, Training, Wellness, VIP, Summary of Benefits, Health and Safety, Parking, ID Card, Worker's Compensation Laws, Carolina Collegiate Credit Union)
- * VIP (Visual Information Processing): Provides students, faculty, staff and alumni with secure and personal access to University data. Click on "Employment" to complete your W-4, Direct Deposit, and to view your Electronic Pay Stubs.
Instructions to create your VIP Pin: https://vip.sc.edu/pin.html
To log on to VIP: https://vip.sc.edu/login.html
- * Summary of Benefits: http://hr.sc.edu/benefits/benefits_summary.pdf
- * SC Retirement: http://www.retirement.sc.gov/publications/select.pdf
Information concerning the selection of your retirement plan
- * ITAMS (Internet-based Time and Attendance Management System): http://busfinance.admin.sc.edu/payroll/itams.asp
- * Sexual Harassment Policy- http://www.sc.edu/eop/sexharassment.html
- * Custodial and Safety Services/Health and Safety: http://custodial.med.sc.edu/htm/oht.htm
- Facilities Planning/ Support Services: http://facilities.med.sc.edu/forms.asp
For Parking Decals for VA Campus, complete the Vehicle Registration Form and take it to Building #3, Room #008. For Clinical Parking Decals, contact your manager.
- USC ID Card: School of Medicine Cardholder Agreement.pdf
SOM Employees: ID Station is located at the SOM VA Campus, Building 3, Room 10. SOM Employees will no longer go to the Russell House to have an ID card made.
- * Worker's Compensation Law, Benefits & Procedures: http://hr.sc.edu/workers/quick.html
SOM employees must receive medical treatment for work related injuries at:
- USC School of Medicine
- Family Practice Center
- Palmetto Health Richland 3209 Colonial Drive(corner of Colonial and Sunset)
If the injury occurs when the Family Practice Center is closed, or if the injury is serious, employees in Columbia should go to the Palmetto Health Richland Emergency Room. Employees outside the Columbia SOM campus should go to the nearest emergency room.
- Carolina Collegiate Credit Union: www.carolina.org
- Clinical Department Employee Health Manual (Word document)
- Benefits Information
Information for Faculty
We are glad to have you as a part of the School of Medicine and hope you will enjoy your employment here. If you have any questions, please contact SOM HR at 216-3340.